Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mode9 to quit rap music

 



A recent interview granted by Mode9, one of Nigeria’s leading rappers, to an American cable TV network, is currently the subject of a nationwide debate among music fans in Nigeria.
In it, Mode9 told the crew of BET that he was going to quit rap music and devote the rest of his life to discovering and grooming new talents that will step in his shoes.
The rapper’s comments has left many music fans puzzled and wondering why he wants to quit at a time the industry is flourishing.
But in a telephone interview with LIFE&BEAT, Mode9 claimed that he was quoted wrongly.
 He said, “I never said I would quit rap music. I only said I would not do it forever. A lot of people misconstrue my words. Whenever a good thing happens to me, it is never seen in the news. Only bad things are mentioned. I just finished work on a remix of my EP.
“A reporter asked why I did not do a tribute for Dagrin. I told him everybody was doing one, including those that did not know him; I said some other things, but I was misquoted. Some people are just trying to pull me down.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment